Current International Student Information

As an international student, you're an important part of the Seminole State community. The International Student Office is designed to help you navigate the College and have a successful experience. Below, you'll find information about employment, maintaining F-1 status, transcript requests and other relevant topics. These resources are meant to provide general information and guidelines. If you have specific questions, contact the International Student Office to speak to an advisor. The staff will be happy to assist you.

F-1 students may remain in the United States for up to 60 days after either the completion date on their I-20 form or completion of a program of study, whichever comes first. Students may also use their 60 day grace period to transfer to another institution. After completing F-1 status at an institution, F-1 students have three options:

  1. Depart the United States within 60 days after graduation, completion of studies or the completion date on the I-20 form
  2. Continue with F-1 status by pursuing further F-1 studies at the same institution by changing majors
  3. Transfer to another institution within 60 days

Note:国产偷拍视频 The 60-day grace period can also be used to file for optional practical training (OPT). An OPT application must be completed within the 60 day period.

An F-1 student is considered to be "in status" during the annual vacation if the student is eligible and intends to register for the next term. Seminole State College has adopted the Summer Term as its official break term.

In order to be eligible, the student must:

  • Have been enrolled the previous term
  • Be in status
  • Have signed the Break Semester Authorization form

To obtain the Break Semester Authorization form, contact your international advisor. It is the student's responsibility to submit this form before the end of the current semester.

International students from Canada follow different procedures.

  • Apply to Seminole State. See the checklist for the documents you will need to apply.
  • If you are accepted, we will send you an I-20 form. You will need this form to legally stay in the United States.
  • When entering the U.S., you must have proof of citizenship and passport. This should include:
    • A birth certificate
    • A photo I.D. (this can include a passport)
  • Take the following documents to the Canada/U.S. border:
    • The I-20 form
    • Financial documentation
    • Passport
  • At the border, you must complete an I-94 form. This form has three sections:
    • Instructions
    • Arrival record card
    • Departure record card
  • The U.S. immigration officer will return the I-94 form to you. This is used as evidence of:
    • Legal entry into the United States
    • The student is an F-1 status student

There are a few instances when an international student may be approved to drop below a full course of study. Students must contact their international advisor to learn about eligibility, required documents and procedures. This process must be completed prior to the student reducing his or her course load. A student who drops below a full course of study without prior approval of the international advisor will be considered out of status.

Some possible reasons a student may drop below a full course of study include:

  1. Severe illness or medical conditions (documentation required)
  2. Initial difficulty with English language
  3. Initial difficulty with reading requirements
  4. Lack of familiarity with American teaching methods
  5. Improper course level placement
  6. Potential completion of course of study in current term

To obtain the Reduction of Student Course Load form, contact your international advisor.

Most international students in the United States hold an F-1 visa, which is the U.S. non-immigrant student visa. F-1 students are allowed to work in the United States, but only under certain conditions and in accordance with complex guidelines and restrictions issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS).

国产偷拍视频Generally, all employment is contingent on remaining within the terms and restrictions of your F-1 visa. There are several categories of employment during the term of your stay as an F-1 student in the United States

国产偷拍视频Students whose I-20 expires in 60 days or less and will be unable to complete their studies may be eligible to request an Extension of Stay. Extensions can be granted only if the student is maintaining his/her status and making progress toward completing his/her educational objective. Delays caused by academic probation or suspensions are not an acceptable reason for program extension. If a student is not eligible for a program extension, he/she will be considered "out-of-status." To be considered for an extension students must provide the following:

  1. Current financial documents with figures indicated in U.S. dollars and an official English translation if necessary.
  2. Affidavit of Support.
  3. Extension of Stay clearance form completed by an academic advisor.

国产偷拍视频Please deliver the aforementioned documents to the Seminole State International Student Office. If eligible, the student will be granted an extension of stay for a year to complete studies at Seminole State College. To obtain the Extension to Stay (I-20) form, contact your International Advisor.

to purchase the approved insurance.  

国产偷拍视频 .

国产偷拍视频When filing your tax forms, you may need a taxpayer ID number or a Social Security number:

  • If you are filing form 8843, you do not need a taxpayer ID or Social Security number.
  • If you are filing form 1040NR-EZ, you must have a Social Security or a taxpayer ID number.

Contact the International Student Office国产偷拍视频 if you need one of these numbers.

The International Student Office is not qualified or permitted to help you complete your tax forms. There are many complex treaties between the U.S. and other countries that could influence how your forms are completed. For assistance, refer to a professional company that exists to help in these matters.

Note:国产偷拍视频 Tax laws may change. If such changes occur, you may obtain updated information from the International Student Office.